SERVES: 8 | PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES | COOK TIME: 40 MINUTES
|2 tablespoons olive oil||2 cups broccoli florets|
|1 medium onion||1 cup unsweetened plant milk|
|3 cloves garlic, minced||1 teaspoon dried thyme|
|4-5 medium potatoes||Salt and pepper to taste|
|4 cups vegetable broth||Fresh parsley for garnish|
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté until the onion becomes translucent and fragrant.
2. Add the diced potatoes to the pot and stir them for a few minutes to coat them in the onion and garlic mixture.
3. Pour in the vegetable broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
4. Add the broccoli florets to the pot and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender but still vibrant green.
5. Using an immersion blender or transfer the soup in batches to a countertop blender, blend the soup until smooth and creamy. If using a countertop blender, return the blended soup to the pot.
6. Stir in the almond milk and dried thyme, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer the soup for a few more minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
7. Ladle the creamy potato broccoli soup into bowls and garnish with fresh parsley, if desired. Enjoy!